Giving and You
• One, giving is an active demonstration of faith. Sometimes, when finances are tight, giving isn’t always easy to do. But by doing so, we tell God that we trust Him to provide all of our needs no matter the circumstances.
• Two, giving is an expression of gratitude to God for all He has done for us. It is one of the best ways we can say “Thank you” to the Lord for His abundant goodness in our lives.
• Three, giving on a consistent basis displays faithfulness and integrity. Through our tithes and offerings, we prove to be faithful stewards of all God has entrusted us with.
The Logic of Giving Online
• Faithfulness. Selecting the automated giving option prevents our temptation to only give from what’s “left over.” We should give our tithes before all other obligations.
• Convenience. As long as we have Internet access, we can give at anytime, anywhere.
• Helping the church. Online giving helps us to simplify our accounting and expedite your gift, making us better stewards of our resources.
Biblical References to Giving
• Malachi 3:10: "Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need." This verse comes with a promise: Consistently give your tithe and the Lord will reward your faithfulness whether financially or spiritually.
• 2 Corinthians 8:7: "But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also." This verse on giving teaches us that giving is both an act of grace as well as endeavor worth excelling in.
• Proverbs 3:9-10. "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine"